Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Tuesday 2 May 2017

I Can't Take Any More!

I'm not strong enough, I can't take any more...

Have you felt like this?

I have. Fear. It can be crippling, yes even for 'The Christian'.

I'm not strong enough, I can't take any more...It's not a message we often hear.

Fear. Irrational or rational...does it really matter?

Crippling debt. Marriage infidelity. Defiant, rebellious children. Cancer. Mental Illness. Job loss. Addiction. I could go on and on...

The only solution I have ever found to trials and valleys has been total surrender of the problem to Jesus Christ. And I am writing this post to address what this actually means...Because how many of us have heard, “Give it to Jesus” without understanding what this truly means? And because what happens when we know the scripture, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”, yet feel totally incapable of victory? What happens when we feel so low and afraid because we've reached the end of ourselves, and are scared of being cut off from Jesus forever? What happens when we've confessed and repented and still struggle? What happens when we cannot control our circumstances and are so confused? What happens when we say, “I'm not strong enough, I can't take any more...”?

The only solution I have ever found to trials and valleys has been total surrender of the problem to Jesus Christ...But what does this mean?

It means when I reach a point where I know I am utterly helpless and have no strength left to change anything, or ability left to change anything, I cry out; “I cannot do it. I have tried and I have failed. I need you Jesus to intervene. Please take control and intervene, I am helpless without you taking over, I need your super-natural help. I lay it all down and give this situation to you. Forgive me and help me.” Then I fast and pray and wait for His intervention and strength to equip me, and He does.

It is then I experience victory because of His grace and mercy.

Fear. It can take many forms but often I have found it is linked with our own feelings of failure and inadequacy...But this is just the point I am trying to make with this post. We are totally inadequate and will continue to fail without surrendering all of ourselves, not just at the moment of salvation, but moment-by-moment to Jesus as we journey with Him.

Life does not stop. I don't believe bliss lasts super-long for anyone.

We will feel weary, even as Christians. We will struggle. But there is a place where your fear will have to face the God you know, and that is on your knees in a prayer of surrender and commitment to Him taking control. You will find strength and healing through prayer, fasting, and devotional scripture reading while you WAIT for Him to make the way.

Yes, we can receive comfort from other people and we can make our own resolutions, but being a Christian is about relationship, and that relationship is ongoing...moment-by-moment and day-by-day.

Remember, there is freedom in humility, and sanctification is a lifetime journey. Love, Melanie.


Let me leave with 'Oh my soul' from Casting Crowns:

No comments: