Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Try Before You Buy...

How many of you know and use this expression? 

Well where I live, it can mean two things…

For example, taking test drives of new cars to help you make a better informed decision.

Or
Co-habituation and sexual relations with a partner before marriage…(yes it does actually get used this way here where I  live is Aus!)

I was having a recent conversation with someone and this ‘expression’ or point of contention was raised as a valid reason for not abstaining from sexual relations or co-habituation before marriage…

Ok…so once again I feel that I should warn any of you reading, that you may be challenged by this blog…however one of the reasons I blog, is to encouraging thinking…yes that does mean that you don’t leave your brain behind when you read :) so fair warning I say, if you choose to read on ;)

The first point I’d like to consider is the barbaric undertone of this phrase…

I mean please women and men ARE NOT PROPERTY that are purchased or bought via Holy Matrimony! 

Oh yes, but it’s just an expression I can hear you say…yes I am well aware of this…but words have power and life and what we say matters…just ponder on that for a mini…

Now another reason for ‘trying’ out a human being, before committing to a lifelong relationship, can be the huge rate of divorce...well ok if you’re someone who thinks this is rational, have you researched the statistics on couples who engage in pre-marital sex and co-habituation in comparison to those who don’t and divorce statistics?  Because if you haven’t I’d encourage you to do some searching…as you’d be surprised at what you find!  But then again, should this surprise us?  Is the world and all it shoves in our face really so wise?  How many ‘try before you buy’ people do you know who’ve had a happily ever after scenario? Hmmm, not many I’d suspect…

I admit I’m not an expert and I can only comment as an Ordinary Aussie Woman…but where I live where this attitude and belief is prevalent, as is separation and divorce…and I too in the past went along with what my peers expected, and participated in the ‘normal’ adult relations, with not good results…

I thought that by going down this path that I could find LOVE…

But what the world doesn’t tell you is that God is LOVE and by not accepting His way and putting our fleshly desires first, we’re actually leaving the source of real love out of the relationship…

I would like to challenge you by suggesting that you can actually find out all you need to know about someone else, by spending quality time together and developing a firm foundation with friendship and respect, that will evolve into true love prior to marriage and sex…consummating a loving relationship with making love inside of marriage works because it’s God’s design J

An intimate relationship begun from fear and fleshly desires is not a good foundation…

Respect yourself and other human beings…none of us are property…use your brain and question the ‘norms’…seek God’s way!

Perhaps you need to recite…SEEK BEFORE YOU DIVE, rather than try before you buy…

Melanie :)

 

No comments: