Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Saturday 23 January 2016

To the man who once put a ring upon my finger...


To the man who once put a ring upon my finger...

My heart aches for you...but it's not in the way you and the rest of the world would think.

And honestly I'm not annoyed by this as I know you don't think as I do and you simply don't know the love I do.

A love that is as deep, as it is wide – a love that is truly pure and holy.

You see, what you meant for my harm, my God has used to draw me even closer to Himself.

Every breath I've taken and tear I've cried, has taken me closer...

And although I would never have wanted to feel so broken, I have learned what it means to truly be a child of God and of course, it has nothing to do with prosperity.

Because Jesus + Stuff does NOT = God's Blessing.

Jesus period, is the greatest blessing one could ever receive.

Brokenness leads to seeking Him for healing

Emptiness leaves room for His filling

Isolation leads to being completed by Him

Being stripped back leaves rooms for Him to be our One Desire, Our One True Love

Loneliness leads to Him being the only One to hold us.

A love that is as deep, as it is wide – a love that is truly pure and holy.

And this is why my heart aches for you.

You see, you deserted me, not caring if I lived or died, to escape reality and pursue your passion...you ran from love when life got hard.

Yet my Father kept me safe and secure in Him, to raise the 3 most precious gifts...

My life did not come to a stop.

I know what it is like to sleep secure under the same roof as our children and to embrace their love.

I know what it is like to strive and achieve...to come through adversity.

To feel joy abounding in my heart as I sing praise to my Lord and King even through tears.

A love that is as deep, as it is wide – a love that is truly pure and holy.

And yes, I truly know I did nothing to deserve this love!

You see, this is why my heart aches for you...knowing you don't have this.

I do not see myself as better than you, or somehow more deserving of this love...

I know you've now put a ring on another's finger and honestly please know I am fine about that...my heart aches as I know you remain empty...I see the cracks from a broken foundation.

I do not envy you, marriage is difficult.

In a day and age when the world will say, 'Good on you! Do whatever makes you happy, as long as you don't become a Christian!' I will continue to pray for you.

There is life-giving water to quench our thirsty souls, a love that is as deep as it is wide to satisfy for all eternity and His Name is Jesus Christ.

Melanie.

For my brothers and sisters reading this letter, you may like to also spend some time reflecting upon the life of Joseph as another pre-destined for a life with God.
You can read it here: Genesis 37-50.

Also I would strongly encourage reading Ephesians 1-3.








No comments: