Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Thursday 22 May 2014

A letter to my friends...

Sometimes I want to express more than I am comfortable in sharing via a Facebook status update and so this morning I sit down and write to you my friends via my blog…you know who you are…you’re a special person who not only takes the time to read my blog posts but messages, chats, visits and cares for me and my boys…I love you.

This week has been trying.

Yet even when struggles and stress seem overwhelming there is my constant One.

You will know that we have only been in this house for six months, yet come tomorrow I will need to sign new papers, pick up new keys for yet another ‘new’ house, pack and unpack all our belongings and clean and finish up this place…

So of course there have been many phone calls, to organise the move and utilities.

I have had a virus of sorts and have been feeling quite sick…life can get you down when even simple, reliable pleasures like coffee don’t work.

My youngest son is also unwell with a cold.

I have a massive amount of school work still to do.

I have handbags that need to be made for people.

The garden has been overgrown and needing attention.

Some of my friends are also struggling with personal stuff.

There are some people in my life who are unavailable.

Housework and parenting the boys remains constant.

I have needed more rest than usual and even that can add to stress, simply because there is less time to complete all that needs to be done.

Yet for those of you who do know me, you will know that my strength comes from The Lord.

I love the lyrics by Jesus Culture, based on Psalm 30:5...

‘You stay the same through the ages, your love NEVER changes…There may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning…And when the oceans rage I don’t have to be afraid, because I know that you love me…Your love NEVER fails!’

Later the lyrics speak of the scripture Romans 8:28...

‘You make, all things work together for my good.’

I am blessed to see God’s providence…I see the glass half full!

I praise Him that we now have an 18 month lease to sign which will see us secure in this one house until the end of 2015, when God willing my eldest son will have finished primary school, and I my ministry degree.

I praise Him for medication, as I am feeling much better and for my health to care for my children and keep our home.

I praise Him that I am able to keep my children home from school when they are unwell and care for them as their mother.

I praise Him for the resources and money He has made available for me to move once again.

I praise Him for study extensions available.

I praise Him for the genuine people I know who want to be involved in my life, and help me endure trials by being vessels of God’s practical love.

I praise Him for rest.

I praise Him for forgiving me and restoring me to Him through Jesus.

The enemy will try to tear us all down and keep us from Jesus…but my God is bigger and more powerful than any obstacle and carries me through, so I decide to keep strong by sticking close to Him!  I wasted too much energy in the past trying to do life all on my own, and just got sicker, and sicker with anxiety.  I never want to return to that empty life.  Someone biologically related to me, for many years would say something like; ‘People use God like a crutch’, in a superior way…but I have discovered that God offers so much more!  I am not ashamed to say that yes, He carries me…He carries me and gives me a peace and fulfilment with Him, that no-one, or any situation can take away.

I love you my precious friend. 

Thank you for letting me share my heart with you, and for journeying through life with me.

God is good.


Melanie J


2 comments:

Kiittäkää Aina ja Kaikesta said...

God bless you and fill your life with more of His joy and love. I know that I'm not there in presence but never doubt that I won't be there as your sister in Christ. For Him there is no distance, space or time, in Him we are together. You are close to me, just like you are in my heart and in my prayers! God bless you and your boys, and tell them greetings from Ecuador, from me and my boy! Love you sister!

Melanie J Nash said...

Thank you so much Joanna - much love to you and your son also xx