Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Being Obedient...to put yourself out there!

You’ve probably heard the parable Jesus told about the talents and servants…

You know the one where 2 people invest the talents given to them and the other person hides theirs in the ground from fear…if not you can read it here on Bible Gateway: Matt 25:14-30.

To be honest I have heard many sermons encouraging me not to hide my talent/s and I have gotten a lot out of them…But also as a sensitive, creative person who can suffer from anxiety it is actually quite challenging for me to ‘put myself out there’…Then there is the part of me that desires to remain humble and to not be self-promoting, rather Christ promoting…

I have been on a journey of growth with Jesus since 2005 and it still continues…being a creative person The Lord has taken me slowly with music and writing to the point where I began this blog and also leading worship in church, along with other ministries.

I have felt for a while now that I need to share my heart for The Lord with others publically by singing as well as via this blog.  This has been a progressive journey which led me last night to record myself singing.  I just played an instrumental on my laptop and recorded myself singing along.

I don’t know what The Lord will do with this video other than encourage others in their life with Jesus, as this has already happened.

Like the scripture Ecc 11:6 which says:
‘In the morning sow your seed, and at evening do not let your hands be idle; for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.

As I am a multi-faceted person (or a person with more than one talent) I will sew here and there seeds of God’s Kingdom, and let Him do what He chooses with them, for all I hear is the call not the whole plan, and that’s okay J

Be encouraged to be obedient to His call on your life to use your talents for His glory.

In love, Melanie.


No comments: