Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Love Someone Today…

Should it be obvious to others that we are Christians?  The Bible actually says yes to this question…Indeed we are to be lights, in this sometimes dark world, illuminating the path to Jesus…


And Jesus Himself said that we would be KNOWN to others as His disciples by our LOVE!

Now this is NOT a post to cause you stress or pressure, rather I hope this post will encourage you, whomever you are, wherever you are in our world to, LOVE SOMEONE TODAY & EVERYDAY…

LOVING the people God has alongside us in our lives should not be a heavy duty, even though it can require stamina to walk alongside someone really suffering…What I mean is it shouldn’t be a heavy duty, which we feel we MUST DO or one that brings us down.  LOVING people isn’t a legalistic requirement; it should come from our inner being, overflowing from HIS LOVE within us and from our own gratefulness to Him, extending to others.

Life can be really tough…

I have seen negative, opinionated bickering, even arguing, online recently and I can’t help but think…What opportunities are these people missing out on, to show God’s LOVE to others in their life TODAY while spending this time getting worked up to the point of bickering?

Because I don’t think it matters how many large words a person uses in their arguing, or even if one is 100% right yet chooses to not walk away at the appropriate time – for the onlooker doesn’t often see LOVE in the raging storm of opinions.

I know what it is like to be tired, face financial issues, to be isolated at times, to be under attack, and to argue…just to mention a few pressures!  Yet I also know The Lord’s strength available to help me continue to LOVE…and I believe that this is where our HEART needs to stay resting.

What a different place our world and lives can be when we choose to ignore offenses and be pro-active in LOVING those in our lives ABOVE ourselves.

I know the awesome BLESSING I receive when I choose to obey His voice which says, now go and LOVE a particular person…I feel so much closer to Him when I put aside my own worries, by talking to Him about them in prayer and then going and doing something pro-active, like taking the time to help someone out.

I know what it’s like to step AWAY from the computer and get my hands dirty in the real world extending His LOVE to others and it makes me feel fantastic!

I have thought…What if TODAY was my last day…would I have spent it well by LOVING someone, expecting nothing back in return?

Galatians 5: 22-26.

I don’t usually do this, but I want to finish this post today in prayer:
LORD God, please hear this prayer in Jesus Name. I ask you to wet our hearts so that we are better able to absorb Your refreshing LOVE and release it to others, honestly, with no expectations from those You put us alongside…to be Your hands and feet…to share the Gospel in not only words but also by our actions of LOVE which illuminate the true path for peace with You which is Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world.  May there be less of us, our tired, self-seeking human nature, and MORE of You in our lives to be faithful disciples working to help others come into Your Kingdom.  Give us ears to HEAR Your voice with whom to show Your LOVE to each day; eyes to SEE the opportunities You present us with and characters which are joyful and eager to obey!

Now go, in the Name of Jesus and LOVE SOMEONE TODAY!

Melanie J

If Today Was Your Last Day, by Nickelback:


No comments: