Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Saturday 10 September 2016

LIVING WATER

Do you know what I believe the true brokenness of human beings is?

Autonomy.

It is autonomy that makes us parched and brittle.

We see it all throughout scripture. From the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve want to be as knowledgeable as God, to wicked Kings who made their own morals, laws and decisions, to the religious Pharisees who thought they served God but were serving their own selfish desire for a highly respected status... Is it any different today?

Autonomy, from the ancient Greek; auto meaning self, and nomos, law. A more modern meaning of autonomy is independence or self-freedom. But how foolish we indeed are, for there is no freedom in autonomy, only enslavement to our flesh, as we reject The One who gives us true freedom from all enslavement and addictions...the POWER to be truly free to say NO, when in submission we humble ourselves to Jesus, by repenting of our autonomy, and choosing Him to be Lord over us.

This is Living Water for our souls ~ His Name is Jesus!

This is my experience and testimony to the power of the One True Living God and Risen One, Jesus Christ...For I knew autonomy all too well. Once I thought it was my friend, but I was seduced by my flesh, and deluded. In repentance and humility I found freedom, as Christ rescued and redeemed me...Now I know autonomy is my enemy.

Still to this day I fight my flesh and it's desire for autonomy.

God is so good.

He patiently waits for us to come to Him daily, to taste and see that He is good.

He cries out to us.

Come to the river, come to the river, be washed and made clean.
Come to the living water, all who are thirsty, come and drink.
Come to my table, all who are hungry, come and feast.
Those who are weary, those who are needy, come receive.
Come to the river....Taste and see!

Oh may we draw near to Him daily for Him to sustain and strengthen us.

Come to the river, come to the river, be washed and made clean.
Come to the living water, all who are thirsty, come and drink.
Come to my table, all who are hungry, come and feast.
Those who are weary, those who are needy, come receive.
Come to the river....taste and see!


In His love, Melanie.



No comments: