Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Monday 4 March 2013

Look before you leap...


Ever stuffed up by letting your emotions get the better of you? Yes? Well I think we all have experienced this…but I’ve just had one of these moments tonight, so it’s still raw…

I did exactly what I shouldn’t have done, I acted too quickly, was impulsive and didn’t seek God before I dove into a conversation that I shouldn’t of.  I didn’t pause when I had the slight thought of no, maybe I shouldn’t call.  I just leapt straight in and didn’t wait…even when I knew everything was sensitive, including my relationship with this person and even the topic of the conversation.  Instead of seeking God first, I let my emotion take a hold and I just reacted…

You see I received some very difficult news in an email…and I panicked…I suppose I was like a kangaroo stunned by a vehicle’s lights and just put myself into a messy situation…

No-one is to blame but me…you see I know I’m not stupid. But I do stuff up.

I should have looked before I leapt…or in other words sought God’s wisdom first, letting him handle my emotions before reacting…

But instead, I did just leap straight in and yes, there were not so good consequences…

I got into a highly emotional argument over the phone with someone who really needed reaching out to, and that went on and on…and afterwards I felt sick L

I felt awful, I knew I’d stuffed up…I prayed and read my Bible and knew I hadn’t acted Godly…

I repented and sought peace with this person…and not because I’m good, but because God is, I’m now at peace with this person…praise HIM!!!

Oh and I reacted to the email the way I should have, by prayer and with a Godly reply…not because I’m good, but because He led me in His way…

Not in a kamikaze, head first dive, but in a gentle and humble way…

What have I learnt once again…look before you leap!

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Great blog Mel...enjoyed it ver much.