Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Heartbroken & Jealous

Jealousy & Heartache: We can all understand these very real emotions, yet when it comes to God we can sometimes struggle to comprehend how our loving God can feel jealously for us; of how He can be heartbroken over us. We can struggle to understand how God can really love us, when our heart is breaking. 

I think this is because we don’t understand His heart for RELATIONSHIP with us…

Or His intense passion...

Or the very real choice we make in rejecting Him for having ourselves as god...

And we will never understand His passion for us, until we come to His cross at Calvary in honest humility...laying down our sin and shame at His feet, to receive Him as The Sovereign Lord He truly is.

But what about my heartbreak, you may still ask? Having experienced true heartbreak, I do know He hasn't wasted my experiences of heartbreak & jealousy. Rather He gathered my tears in His hands and drew me even closer to Himself. He has used my heartbreak and jealous to help me UNDERSTAND His heart and desire for true relationship!

We were created for relationship with Him and each other. This was once severed in the garden, but now possible for all through Jesus Christ’s selfless act of reconciliation. Now like the story of the prodigal son, our awesome creator God is awaiting our return to Him….

Let me leave you with the song, 'How He Loves" by David Crowder Band, to reflect more upon His great LOVE for us...

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, and I am a tree
Bending beneath the wind of His grace and mercy...





Melanie xx


No comments: