Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Tuesday 17 November 2015

A Blank Page:

I don’t think I’ve ever felt as ‘grown-up’ as I do today…

Bear with me a moment, I know that may sound a little crazy given it won’t be too long until I am 40 years old, but it’s true.

Reflecting upon my adult past I know I made decisions, but I never really had a vision for the future…I thought I made good choices but they never got me anywhere – I was existing rather than living with purpose and I did not know how to change that...but that was until I called out to Jesus.

Yet having now settled here in our new home in S.A and also with my mum now gone, knowing I am here for The Lord's purpose I have a new sense of living for a purpose much bigger than myself. It’s an exciting time as I feel as if He has given me a blank page…or rather I am the new, blank page…

Yes, a clean, crisp and new blank page, ready to be written upon. His plan for me is like a beautiful watermark embedded into the page. Yet I am not scared to begin writing my new chapter, as even though I am in a totally new place and with my mum gone I feel somewhat alone; I know He will establish me and sustain me! I feel such a peace and know I am His precious daughter and that He alone has provided for me and my boys…and I know I have His written Word to guide me…not forgetting my Christian family I can call upon.

I feel like He is saying, “You’ve been faithful with the task I gave you of finishing your study so now here is what I promised. I know it is more responsibility but don’t worry, just trust me, I’ve prepared you…”

If I can leave you with any encouragement, it would be to continue being faithful with whatever task He has given you…even if it may seem small when you compare yourself to others – It helps me to think of the parable of the talents (you can read it here), as we are to be found faithfully stewarding whatever He has given us when He returns.

I believe He gives us tasks we can handle; this doesn’t mean they won’t challenge or stretch us, for this is the only way for spiritual growth and that He will only give us more at the right time.

When we walk in humility and thankfulness for LIFE that He has given us for all eternity, we can carry out whatever the task with JOY. It’s when we forget the BIGGER PICTURE of the free gift of eternal life that we can become too focused on the temporary to our own detriment. We serve those who have persevered longer with the respect they deserve when we keep a humble attitude.

Remember God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble, (James 4:6) which is why Jesus said “But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:43-45).

So let us walk with JOY while we seek justice, love mercy and humbly walk with our God (Micah 6:8) in whatever season we're in or task we have to do! 


God bless, Melanie.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:5-11).








Let me also leave you with this beautiful song, 'Write Your Story' by Francesca Battistelli:


No comments: