Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Ah...love!

When your heart stops a beat…butterflies in your stomach…the smile that hits your face when you get that message…Ah romantic love!

This is the type of love that the world tells us we need to feel complete…

This is the type of love the world tells us to set our hearts upon and not give up on…

This is the type of love that we’re told to strive to find during our short time here on earth…

This is the type of love that song writers pen about and compose sonnets that win awards on…

The sad truth is our western world is stunted because of this marketable un-truth.

Yes, sure romantic love is great and can blossom into a deeper committed life-long love…but ask anyone who has been married for a long time and they will tell you that patience, determination and forgiveness has accompanied this life-long deep love.

What the world doesn’t tell young people today, is that people are fallible and all of our loving human relationships only dimly mirror the true relationship one can have with God through Jesus Christ…for He is love Himself.

If you believe that human love is all you will need to feel complete…you will discover even if you are in a truly loving committed relationship that you will still not be truly satisfied…for we were created to be in relationship with God before any other.

If you set your heart foremost upon finding a loving partner above a relationship with God, believing the fear promoted lie of life’s short and you’re running out of time…there is a great possibility that you will actually remain single…believing that your purpose is to find the ‘one-true-love’.

We were actually made to love and worship God first and foremost.

What about you parents?  Do you tell your kids this?

Don’t mean to be harsh here, rather realistic…because what if your child doesn’t grow up to find someone they want to spend the rest of their life with, and believes that they are then somehow inferior to others…

What if all they’ve been fed is romantic tales from Walt Disney and not theological biblical truths about their worth to God as an individual lovingly created by Him?

I want to leave you with something  to ponder…a VERY famous romantic love song sung by Celine Dion, ‘Because you loved me’.

These are some of the un-realistic lyrics that have been proposed to be love from another human being…now ponder these lyrics and tell me if this is the reality for most people’s human loving relationships?

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful, baby

You're the one who held me up, Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through, Through it all
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am, Because you loved me, ooh, baby

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love, I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe, I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because, I was loved by you
I'm everything I am, Because you loved me

You were always there for me, the tender wind that carried me
The light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration, through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

Do you think it’s true these lyrics could be of a person?
Perhaps a fictional movie character?

But what if I asked you to reconsider these lyrics with Jesus in mind?  Our God who became a human being in order to reconcile us to Him…Just have a ponder and read this…

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you bring to my life
For all my sin that you forgave
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful, Jesus

You're the one who’s held me up, even when I’ve fell
You're the one who seen me through, Through it all
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am, Because you love me, ooh, Jesus

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touch my hand and I can touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You say nothing is too hard for you
You stand by me and I stand tall
I have your love, I have it all
I'm grateful for each day you give me
Maybe, I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I am blessed because, I am, loved by you
I'm everything I am, Because you love me

You are always there for me, the tender wind that carries me
The light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration, through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

Now isn’t this a love worth passing on?  For it is the true meaning of life…for both the single and partnered!

In love, Melanie J

Just in case you don't know this song here is a clip...


No comments: