Like what you read?

Life of an Ordinary Aussie Woman

Friday 11 January 2013

Favour...


Ever wonder why you find favour with some people and not with others?

I've thought about this lately while job hunting :)

I tell you, it's soooo hard to keep focused and positive when you hit a brick wall...
 
For example, just earlier today I received an email, from a prospective employer, that I had emailed my resume to and it stated the following...


            'Thank you for your recent application for the position at.............. We have had an exceptional response of more suitably qualified applicants and as such you have been unsuccessful. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.'


Now I don't know about you...but what do you think stands out the most to the person receiving such a message as this?
 
Yes, of course...the middle sentence!

We have had an exceptional response of more suitably qualified applicants and as such you have been unsuccessful.

I mean hello??? This is an appalling letter!  Did the sender re-read it themself, or ask someone else their opinion on it? I think surely not...

I actually have had a laugh about it, because it's really quite stuck-up and I know that this job was a good shut door for me!

Now on the flip side of this email, and the other no replies that have happened...I've met some very up-lifting and positive employers recently.  Just yesterday I had an interview with someone who had obviously taken the time to carefully read my resume, and we got along fantastic!   It was so refreshing for my confidence to have this interview :)

Sometimes I have felt just like a piece of meat that's displayed in a butcher's window for sale...maybe that sounds dramatic...but when I put myself out there to prospective employers, sometimes I feel exposed and on sale!   Not to forget vulnerable; there is a lot of personal information on a resume!

What is keeping me sane is that I trust God...I mean that I know the truth, that He is faithful and good and keeps His promises...you see I've been praying that He shuts the doors that he does not want me to go through, and opens the one that leads to His will...
 
Why pray such a prayer?  Why not rely on my own common sense, you may wonder?

Well I confess I'm just not that good in knowing what's the next right step on big decisions and new ventures...and I'm ok about that too :) Sometimes I think I know His will clearly and other times I'm still seeking and trying to listen. I think that's ok too...I mean I want to remain humble and in relationship with Jesus, not in love with myself...

So back to favour with people, I'm trying not to focus too much upon the why, but just view this period as open and shut doors :) I know I need God's protection right now during this vulnerable time and He's providing this as the good Father that He is!

Will have to keep waiting as yet to clearly see the next stage of the path ahead :)


Melanie...


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well written and well said. :)

Chris Wilson said...

I didn't know Aussis spelt it "Favour" as well :) I feel your pain in job hunting, luckily I'm in a great job now but when I first came out of university it was after the crash of 2008. I spent a year unemployed and then had a really rubbish job, God taught me a lot about trusting him then. Luckily it made me broaden my horizons and now I am in a job I love. I hope you find a great job too.

Unknown said...

I am looking for work too, at first I used to tell people when I had an interview, now I don't, because the rejection is not only bad for me, but every one else compounds it be asking 'how did you get on' Perhaps we should pray for each other more for the favour of God and men (employers) - loved you post, made me realise its not just me....thanks

Anonymous said...

I know someone who started writing a blog and got a job because an employer liked her style of writing.
God will give you the right job at the right time......keep blogging, it is great for us to read and good for you too

Unknown said...

I agree with you Melanie, even worse, a lot of prospective employers don't even bother to respond in any way.
I have been there many times and I totally agree about the 'piece of meat' just as annoying, I don't know how some of the interviewers
got their job.
The main thing is don't loose faith and confidence in yourself Melanie.
Good Luck.